Automagic Apps is the brainchild of software entrepreneur & investor, Rajeev Shah. We’re a very well-funded (> $25 million) team made up of businesspeople, developers, designers & marketers capable of delivering high-quality apps to mobile devices & focussed on creating new businesses from them.
Automagic Apps Ltd is registered in England & Wales
Company No. 07497260
78 York Street
Our entire model is based upon the democratisation of app development & in today’s world of instant communications the world would soon know if we started stealing ideas.
However, to set your mind at ease on this matter, and to ensure that our commitment to you has the full force of the law behind it, we provide a legally-binding Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) to you.
This protects your idea & means that you may share it with us in confidence.
Download The NDA
We provide full funding & expertise to produce the app. In this case, we will retain the ownership rights of the software & we’ll share all of the profits with you as royalties. With this type of deal you can expect to earn royalties of about 25%
We provide partial funding & all of the expertise to produce the app. In this case, we would share partial ownership of the app with you and we’ll share all of the profits with you as royalties. With this type of deal you can expect to earn royalties of about 50%
We provide the expertise to produce the app and no funding. In this case, we would have no ownership of the app. You would retain all control & all subsequent income from the app. With this type of deal you’ll earn 100% of the profits.
Whichever type of deal you’re interested in, your first step is to visit our website or download our app so that you can submit your idea to us & get the process started. If you have a preference for a particular type of deal, please mention this in your submission.
- The time it takes to get the app to market
- The production cost of the app
- The speed with the app starts earning
We can’t predict this in a FAQ with no information about your app but we will attempt to do so before entering an agreement with you.
Payments are usually made via PayPal but we’ll use bank transfers for amounts over $5,000
Tell us everything you can about your idea – the more information you give us the better & faster we’ll be able to come to a decision.
Make some notes about your idea so that you can provide us with as much relevant information as possible.
- Who do you think is the target audience?
- What problem does it solve for them?
- What will they pay for the app?
- How would you market it?
- What are the main features you think it needs?
As well as describing the app, you should also try to tell us:
- Your ideas for marketing the app
- Whether the app/services will have a global or regional audience
- The retail price range you believe that the app will fall into (£ or $)
- Information about each passive and/or back-end revenue stream that you have thought about generating from the app (if any)
- The nature of each product/service
- The pricing model of each product/service
EG one-off, subscription
- The pricing levels of each product/service
- If you’d like to do them by hand, that’s fine. Click here to download sample wireframe pages & print out as many copies as you need. Scan them & upload them when you submit your idea.
- If you’d like to do them using your computer (it’s faster, more accurate & more fun this way. And you can reuse them time & again), it’s really easy to do so using either Keynote on your Mac or Powerpoint on your PC. Click here to grab some templates.
- Originality. Is it a new idea? Or a new spin on an old idea? Or an old spin on a new idea? Be sure to do your homework on this – if it’s not an original idea then make sure you tell us why your version will be so much better than existing versions. If we agree with you, we’re likely to invest.
- Functionality. Does it take advantage of the unique functions of the iPhone? The accelerometer, the GPS finder, the built in camera, etc? Will people want to use it because it actually meets a need?
- Simplicity. Is it simple to use? Is it simple to build? The first is more important than the second.
- Revenue. How much will people pay for it? Is this the kind of app that advertisers would pay to include their brand in? Will this app generate valuable data? Is this something people will pay for once or can we create a subscription model out of it?
- Expertise. In cases where an idea is specific to an industry, profession or other area of expertise, we’ll take into account whether you bring this expertise with you.
- Database Challenges - The app you have suggested requires a large database which we do not have access to. If you have access to the necessary data and feel your app was incorrectly rejected for this reason, please send us a message.
- Technological Challenges - The current version of iPhone is not yet capable of performing the functions your idea suggests. This includes idle/inactive/automatic running, control of other electronic devices (Garage door, AC or heater, other consumer electronics) and weight-sensitive functions.
- Already Been Submitted - The app you suggested was already submitted by someone else before you.
- Licensed Material - Your app suggests the use of previously licensed content. If you own the rights to the material in your idea & think we may have rejected it incorrectly, then please send us a message
- It’s Wrong - Your idea contains offensive/inappropriate content, or suggests something illegal.
- Apple Regulations - The app you suggested does not conform to Apple’s developer guidelines. For example, Apple rejects pornographic-based ideas and apps that simulate “breaking” the iPhone.
- It’s Been Done - The app you suggested (or something extremely close to it) is already available on the Apple App Store & you haven’t provided us with a reason to believe that your version would be significantly better.
- Development Cost Outweighs Potential Profit - We do not feel that your app will be able to generate a high enough return that it will recoup the cost of development and generate a profit.
Your app is in production & we’ll keep you in touch with its progress over the coming weeks.